Tuesday and Wednesday, July 17th & 18th, 2018
CO-ED VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
On Tuesday, registration begins at 5:30 p.m. with Round Robin
play immediately following at 6:00 p.m.
Tournament play begins at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
High School Verl Heap Gymnasium
$7.00 per player
Tuesday (Round Robin or Pool Play)
Matches will be timed. The time for each match will depend on the number of teams registered. Each match will consist of two sets. The number of points needed to win a set will depend on the number of teams registered. The first team to reach the necessary score wins (win by one point.) If the set is tied at the end of the time, then the next point determines the winner. Sets played on during the round robin or pool play will be used to determine seeding for the tournament on Wednesday night. Ties for seeding will be broken by (1) head-to-head competition, (2) total points you scored, or (3) total points scored by your opponents.
Each team may use one 30 second timeout per round, but it is not to be taken during the last two minutes of the round.
Tournament format will be determined by the number of teams that participate on Tuesday night. Our goal is to make sure that each team plays at least 3 matches. Each registered member of the winning team will receive a t-shirt. The winning team and the runners-up must help clean up the gym after the championship game.
- Play will be on 7’ 8” nets.
- Each team must have at least 3 females on the court at all times.
- Food and drink is allowed in the gym, but you must clean up your own mess!
- Players must be on their team roster and be paid for on Tuesday to be eligible to play on Wednesday.
- Top two teams must clean up the gym after the last game on Wednesday.
- You will be allowed unlimited substitutions (including the libero), but follow the position rules, please.
- Numbered uniforms are not necessary. However, if you plan on using a libero, the libero must be wearing a shirt of a contrasting color to the rest of the team. For example, all the team might wear white tees while the libero wears a red tee.
- If you use a libero, only one person may be designated as libero each set.
- NFHS rules will be used.
- Teams may register at the door, but only the first 12 teams to register will be playing. The cost is $7/player.
For questions, please contact Dana and Delana Waite 928-245-2667, or Kasey and Holly Nelson 307-677-6083